Find A Home
There are many benefits to sharing a home as a renter. HomeSharing provides:
- Beautiful living spaces in otherwise unaffordable locations
- Amenities unavailable in standard rental properties
- Mindful living with less environmental impact by sharing utilities and space
- Relationships and community in the home and neighborhood
- Reduced isolation with an opportunity to provide needed service
What areas are available?
We serve the 10 town region of the Mount Washington Valley - Jackson, Bartlett, Hart’s Location, Albany, Conway, Madison, Freedom, Eaton, Tamworth and Chatham
What is shared?
A private bedroom and preferably a private bathroom are offered to the homeseeker. There may not be a private entrance. Spaces may be furnished or unfurnished. Common areas of living, kitchen, and yard are discussed in the interviews. Housemates have the opportunity to negotiate storage, parking, kitchen supplies, closet space and other important details in signing the Living Together Agreement.
What is required of a Homeseeker?
Homeseekers complete an application interview to help develop comfortable expectations for compatibility, safety and privacy.
Homeseekers must have proof of income. All Applicants undergo a criminal background and credit check, check of the National Sexual Offenders Registry, and must have no history of eviction.
I'm interested in finding a home
Interested homeseekers can apply by calling the Gibson Center at 603-356-3231 to arrange an interview. Download the Handbook of Information.